February 6, 2016 · 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm
- This event has passed.
On Saturday, February 6, at 7:00pm and again at 8:30pm, a program of performance art, part of the ongoing exhibition Nest, will develop the exploration of the theme of birds’ nests and invite public participation. Cellist Kristen Miller and dancer Sarah Slifer Swift will present a new duet, Kate Tarlow Morgan will create a performance environment, and other contributors will share poetry and movement.
The program will begin with the communal construction of a nest in the gallery:
The public is invited to bring and add to the nest an object, drawing, or words which answer the question, What makes you feel safe?
Following the 8:30pm performance, the public is invited to remain for light refreshments and conversation.
About Live Art Series Performances
A $10 suggested donation compensates the artists.
Performances of 30–45 minutes are followed by refreshments and informal conversation among guests and artists.
Walk-in guests are welcome. The capacity for guests varies with the performance configuration and is not known in advance. A conservative, fixed number of seats are designated for reservations. To reserve seats, please
- use the online RSVP form at the bottom of the event’s page on the Matthew Swift Gallery web site
- send email to events at TridentGallery.com [Note: this email address is no longer valid]
- visit or call the gallery
Gallery staff or an automated email will respond to confirm seat reservations or describe the alternatives.
Please do express interest and intentions for Matthew Swift Gallery Facebook events, but unconfirmed Facebook responses cannot be construed as reservations.
Unreserved guests are usually accommodated comfortably: they will be invited to occupy empty seats at the scheduled start time. When seats are fully occupied, standing room and sometimes floor seating are normally available.
Founding support for the Live Art Series is provided by Matthew Swift Gallery, which furnishes the venue, provides publicity, and guarantees minimum compensation to the performing artists. Supplementary fiscal support in 2015, 2016, and 2017 has been provided by the Massachusetts Cultural Council.
Regarding the RSVP system below, please note the following:
- When you reserve, you will be sent an email reminder which is called a “ticket,” but you do not need to print or bring it.
- The headline on “tickets” for both seatings will say “February 6, 2016 @ 7:00pm”: your seating is indicated below the headline, under “ticket type”.
- Tickets issued early on did not include reminders of the “doors open” times, which are 6:30pm and 8:15pm.
Thank you for your patience with this new RSVP software (which is new from the company and new to us, thus not yet highly configurable/configured).
The Reserved Seats for both performances are all taken. Walk-ins are welcome however—please see details above.